Snow Removal Procedure Reminders
The morning air is changing and the winter chills are quickly making their way. Soon enough we will be celebrating the holidays as we are well into our second week of November!
Winter months are accompanied by hot cocoa, scarves, sleds and SNOW! In order to prepare our Talamore residents for winter weather conditions, please kindly review the procedures set in place. We ask that you carefully review them and address any and all questions with the management team directly. We may be reached via email at email@example.com or by phone, Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m to 5:00. p.m at 847-659-8120.
- The magic number is TWO! The snow removal contract requires the contractor to begin plowing the community once two inches (no less) of snow has fallen. Any snow event measuring less than 2 inches will not be plowed.
- Once a snow event has ended, the snow removal contractor will commence the removal process and will then begin mobilizing the team and equipment.
- Deicing material will be applied as needed
- Individual deicing bags will NOT be provided by the Association. Please feel free to purchase a safe deicing material to reduce any slipping hazards in between snow events.
- Please refrain from pushing snow off vehicles into the previously cleared driveways, parking spaces, or roadways, without shoveling the snow onto uncleared areas. It is important to remember that leaving this snow on cleared areas creates hazardous conditions for yourself & others within the community.
- If you have a vehicle(s) parked in your driveway, your driveway will not be plowed due to liability and risk management concerns. Cleaning of a drive with a vehicle parked, will be the residents responsibility.